Monday, August 23, 2010

Last camp

Its Saturday and time to leave for the next and last park. The trick about this one is how do we get out. Getting in we had to come from wrong direction, so getting out we have to go in the wrong direction. Worked out fine other then some kids yelling at us you are going the wrong way, after passing the last kid to yell at us, being the mature person I am I had to respond. Mike did thank me. Off to Allegany State Park. We arrive with just one wrong turn pretty good. Aah but just wait it can't be that easy. Someone is in our spot oh oh. Mike gets out talks to the guy very nice says they will be out in 30 minutes. When Mike gets back in the car we both look at each other ( a) we don't like the spot, but more important she can't fit in it. I talk to the guy tell him we will check for another hoping for a different area. Find out 4 spots left in the Quaker area drive about 4 miles 2 spots left. First good but steep decline. Second is across from the bathrooms, wet and all dirt (mud). Not a good idea with the dogs. Go back to the other and with some work Mike gets her in. Great job knew you could do it. This is a cute little spot nice views pretty private oh its good. Then the rain starts but hey I could be in a tent. Next morning we set out for a hike. Allegany State park is very big, but the trail we choose is wet slippery and not a good idea. I have been on a slippery trail before We make most of it then decide to just walk around other parts it really is very pretty lots of creeks, lakes mountains and just darn nice. Rain starts again to we head back to camp. As I write this I am reflecting on this trip. It is as it should have been, learning, relaxing, laughing, and just having fun. Before I forget I have not mentioned the showers (did not want to jinx myself) good news hot shower every day some better then others but hot is great. I love that one weekend I can be in New York City, the next camping in state parks. That is what its all about being diversified. Rod thank you again for all the work you did, making the Silver Slipper our little home away from home. Deke & Maggie I am so proud of you both. Mike I love you, can't wait to see what the next 35 brings. When is our next trip, can't wait.



Wow

Our little spot

She looks Pretty!

Allegany State Park

Lake over flow basin

Deer on our Hike



4 comments:

  1. I love your story and I love that is trip was a success!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm left wondering what you told those kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your travels with us, please do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CINDY!!! I just found your blog through Nicole's!!! I loooooooove it!! I loved "catching up" with you and hearing about the SILVER SLIPPER!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete