Monday, March 28, 2011

Mom's 80th Birthday

Wow it has been a long time since my last post. What a long winter.
My mom's birthday is in March and she turned 80! I wanted to do something special with her. She was in Florida and I came up with the idea to pick her up and go on a road trip. Looking at different options I came up with her picking me up at the airport and we would drive to Savannah GA, then go on to Pennsylvania so she could see Marissa.
The drive was pretty from Clearwater to Savannah stopped along the way for fresh OJ.
We stayed at a hotel called Avia and really liked it. I had read of a restaurant called the Pirates House, that is in the oldest home in Savannah. Went down and our bellman Lester suggested we take a Pedi ride to it. I think that was mom's favorite part of Savannah. No pictures of the food it was not great, service was just as bad. But hey it's the Pirates House arrrrrrr. We walked back to the hotel and had a glass of Champagne.
Next day we started out with a great breakfast of grits, my first. Hey we are in the south and they were good. Walked around alittle then we took a carriage ride, it was a nice way to get a little history of Savannah.
Now for the best part for me lunch. Went to the Olde Pink House that was on Food Networks My Favorite Things. We had a BLT fried green tomato salad. It was soooooo good. We also had a chicken BBQ slider with french fries, yum! Our lunch was great.
Later went back to hotel, they have a roof top patio where we had a cocktails.
For dinner that night we went to Garibaldi Cafe, more fried green tomato's only they had a red sauce with basil. Good but not like lunch.
Savannah is so cool. We were in the historic district and lucky enough so see Azaleas in full bloom.
Next morning we headed for PA. Drove further then we thought but just made Friday's drive shorter.
Got into PA in time to have lunch with Marissa.
Mom and I looked around some then checked into a bed and breakfast that is very nice.
Marissa picked us up later and we went out to dinner with her and Tish. Then on to play domino's. Saturday was really nice we had the whole day with Marissa. Sunday came too fast and time to head home.
I am so happy to be able to have had this time with my mom. I love you and we will have some funny things to laugh about on our first road trip.
Love you Mom Happy 80th Birthday.

Chad our Pedi ride driver

Mom with her Champagne Bottle!

Grits for Breakfast



BLT Fried Green Tomato Salad







Mom trying to hide from me!



1 comment:

  1. OHHHHH....I love this!!! Great pics and great times.... and I'm super jealous of that green tomato blt :)

    ReplyDelete