Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Visit to the East.


Mike and I went to visit Marissa. It is always a good time to see her and Charlie. Mike stayed for just the weekend then he went home. I stayed and also got to go see my friend Joan.
I stayed with them a couple of nights, then Joe took Joan and I into New York. First of all I am not happy with myself for not taking more pictures. ( What was I thinking).
Joan and I started out at Eataly. It is amazing!! They have everything you can think of from Wine to Meat, Seafood, Fresh Produce, Fresh & Dry Past, ect. You can Shop & Eat! Joan and I had an amazing lunch, we started with roasted beets, roasted onions, olives, and mushrooms.
Then we had pizza, It had fresh ricotta with parma ham, center was arugula & prosciutto, and the other end had creamy mozzarella with sweet San Marzano tomatoes. And of course a nice glass of wine. It was sooooooo good.
I could have spent half a day maybe all day shop a little and eat some more.
Our dinner that night we went to Carnegie deli. I did not take a picture but we split a corned beef on rye. They are so big!
Joe came in the next morning to pick Joan up. I always laugh and enjoy our time together. Thanks guys for the hospitality and being such great friends! Love you guys.
I spent Friday in the big city walking around wasting time till Marissa came to meet me. I had a nice lunch then went back to the hotel and took a little nap.
When Marissa arrived we shopped a little then went back and got ready for dinner.
Now this is where I get really mad at myself! We went to Sushi Samba and the food is so good but the presentation is really pretty. We ordered Mochi for dessert, it is Japanese cake filled with ice cream. To my surprise Marissa told them it was my birthday so they had a candle in a raspberry for me. The lady next to us said we have to sing Happy Birthday and of course I did not miss out on that. Thank you Marissa it was so fun.
Saturday we went out for brunch at Alice's Tea Cup again another great meal. Then walked around shopped a little more then headed back to the hotel.
We had early dinner reservations tonight at Balthazar's Marissa favorite! She loves the Steak Tartare. It is really good. Not a surprise it was another great dinner.
Looking at my trip I think I must of ate my way threw the city.
Sunday came and time to go back to Marissa's. We stopped at Vita Mia of course to pick up rice balls, and Joe and Joan's for some things I did not take into the city. We also went to Ikea on the way.
Monday morning came and time for me to head home.
I love my time with Marissa, we may not be able to see each other as much as we want but the time we do spend is priceless!
I love you to the moon and back.











2 comments:

  1. Yea... I'm glad you had fun and I think you did great with the pics!!! It's your actual b-day today and I wish I was there to squeeze you!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! You left out the part that we had a Penthouse Suite with a private terrace on the 25th floor and the faucet for the tub was in the ceiling!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete